Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I recently bought a used electrolux dishwasher EIDE6105GS1.

Customer Question

I recently bought a used electrolux dishwasher EIDE6105GS1. I have it installed but it will not drain. Everything seems to be running fine and there are no lights or error codes showing up but it will not drain. I have checked the drain hose & primed and water seems to be moving freely. When machine is supposed to be draining there is a gentle vibration so I believe the pump motor is running but not sure. Could the valve be stuck & if so how do I check, also, how do I put machine in diagnostic mode?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

If there is no code on the units board, check the drain valve for a blockage, they often get all crudded up or go bad and that will stop the unit from draining. If you have take the hose off the drain trap and tried to drain it in a bucket and nothing comes out you need to check the drain valve on it.

CLICK HERE PART #80

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I access the drain trap from the back of the machine? And how do I put the machine in diagnostic mode?

If the drain valve were bad or not cycling you would get an ERR 11 code, since you are getting no errors I would say it is just plugged. Now with a meter test for 120vac at P25-1 to P25-2 wires for 120 volts when in Drain/Cancel....if you have that the valve should be open. If not the board is bad. I would have to get the service manual tomorrow as it is late tonight. It costs more though if you require a manual for diagnostic mode lists and such as I would have to link them through the site here.