John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

We have a 25 cu ft side by side GE fridge/freezer and the

Customer Question

We have a 25 cu ft side by side GE fridge/freezer and the temp setting is plus 3 F. for the Freezer and 38 F for the Fridge. However, the freezer side has gone down to -9 and the motor is still running.
Is there a way of resetting the unit, or other way of solving the problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

The first thing you'll need to do is pull everything out of the freezer and remove the lower back panel inside the freezer. Look at the silver evaporator coils behind this panel and are the packed with frost, lightly frosted from top to bottom, some frost on top but not on bottom, not frost at all, etc... ? Also, is the fan above the coils running?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for this answer. However, about an hour after I asked the question, I found the GE Refrigerator manual on the web, and it advised to wait 24 hours and sometimes the freezer and fridge needs to reset itself. That is what I did and when I woke the next morning the fridge and freezer were at the correct temperatures.
Because I did not receive an email with your response and I solved the problem on my own, I would appreciate a refund. Thanks for your prompt service however, but I did not receive an email answer which is what I requested.