Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a kgsa906pss00 range, it exhibits F6E4 errors almost

Customer Question

Customer: hi i have a kgsa906pss00 range, it exhibits F6E4 errors almost every time we use the gas stove. I replaced the power board and the display control board. Any ideas?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: nothing else comes to mind, changed the fuse in the back once after a self cleaning cycle.
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure I've been stomped for several weeks, so I can wait to pay less
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Unplug the touchpad from the board and see if that code comes back up

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also replaced the 5 wire harness between the control et power boards. I'll try to disconnect the touchpad while its running. One thing I noticed, is when I recall the last error using 3 times cancel, there is a flicker on the display, the last 2 digits are 00, but a 1 flickers on every 5-10 seconds.

Where did you get the display board from? Also this sounds like a wire harness issue

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
unplugging the touchpad results in f2E1 keypad disconnected

If you plug it back in does the same code come back up the original code?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when I plug the ribbon connector for the touchpad back in the euro code changes for f1e0 internal error

OK unplug the whole unit and reset it and see what code come up.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no codes, until we start using the stove. Then 50% of the time it does f6e4 lost communications.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I replaced: The fuse in the back, the control board the display board and the wires between the display and control board. I checked the polarity of the outlet, and it's ok.

Well I am at a loss of what could be causing that issue. It sure seems like it is heat related and something is losing contact between the boards. Are there any wires you have not replaced between the two boards?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I replaced all the 5 wires. I reused the molex connectors because I could not find the exact match, but I inspected the actual pins in the connectors and they were fine. I see there's other thermistors under the front cover, any idea what is their purpose?

They are just to make sure the temp is not over....They could be the cause of your error can you move them?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
well I shorted them (replaced them with a wire) and the error occurs. what is truly bizarre is sometimes the oven is on at 450 and it does not occur, and the next time we use it, at al low temp say 250 we get f6e4.

Replace them and see that what happens.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I replaced both thermal fuses by a piece of wire, so it won't disconnect. the f6e4 error occurs anyway.

I will opt out maybe someone else has an idea.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just to be sure it is not a heat issue I left the front panel off. @400, it just occurred again. what lead should I check to isolate a potentially inconsistent power supply? (I can see it behind the control board, I just dont have any idea how to get to it.)
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The flickering display leads me to believe the issue is related to the DC transformer under the cooktop. These have been a real source of trouble on these. The transformer is accessed by removing the front control panel, the door latch and the power board.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I misspoke, the display does not flicker, but once the f6e4 code has happened, when I press the cancel 3 times, and start, I get the last error, there's four digits displayed; the last of which displays a 0 then a 1 for a tenth of a second.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Does the display ever blank out and then go back or get dim?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
another symptom is once this error has occurred, there's no way to use the oven again; dialling in any temp results in the same f6e4 error within a minute.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

It has to be an error in one of the controls or the harnesses. The boards are not communicating with each other. As far as where the issue lies, there really is not much to do to narrow it down, but usually it is connection related or the appliance manager board.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
as I said earlier, I replaced both boards, they were provided by core centric. I also replaced the wiring harness between the 2 boards, I recuperated the connectors, but replaced the wires. One thing I noticed is that it does not seem to occur on broil, only on bake. curious.