Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I just purchased GE JGP336WEV4WW gas cooktop I changed the

Customer Question

I just purchased GE JGP336WEV4WW gas cooktop I changed the orifices to propane the propane flame is one height only, won't adjust low to high or vice versa ... I looked for the pressure regulator there is none, How do you adjust the flames or get the thermostat to work?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! There is a pressure regulator under the top, it is shown as number 312 in the diagram at the link below. That needs to be converted for LP fuel.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no regulator inside of the steel box or outside... there is no fuel line nearby what the diagram shows just to the orifice only. The fuel comes in far right side of the box and goes directly to orifices via thermostat
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The gas line should go directly into the regulator. If it does not, someone has removed the regulator and it will need to be ordered and replaced.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
one more question.. I have jenn-aire LP regulator both are different model numbers. will Jenn-aire work on GE?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are u still there?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Yes, it should work fine, it just regulates the pressure.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much I will give it a try
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

You are very welcome, thank you!

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!