Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a model NNT695SF and the fuse blew. I replaced it and

Customer Question

I have a model NNT695SF and the fuse blew. I replaced it and when I pushed the button to open the door it blew again What could the problem be?
Keith
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

This is a common failure on microwaves and it means that one of your 3 door switches is failing. It's usually the bottom switch, but if you have a multimeter you can test the continuity through the switch terminals of each switch when you open and close the door (microwave is unplugged and the switch you're testing is unplugged) and if it doesn't changed from normally opened to closed or vice versa---the switch needs to be replaced. Don't test the switches by just pushing on them with your finger, make sure you open and close the door to test them.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.