Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have Mah3000 it will not drain. I pulled drain pump and

Customer Question

I have Mah3000 it will not drain. I pulled drain pump and replaced with a reconditioned one and still nothing. Water runs freely when I lower the hose to bucket. I used voltage meter and both check ok, I tried taking both apart and hooking b up and can see both spin. It's almost like maybe they don't spin fast enough to create enough pressure to push water up the drain hose.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So you need to make sure you have 110 volts going to the drain pump while the wires are plugged into the pump. Sometimes there is a voltage drop and it'll drop to 90 volts or something like that which will make the pump spin slowly. Either way, if you're definitely getting 110 volts to the drain pump and the drain hose is clear and you can blow through it, you need to return the drain pump because it came faulty and you need to order a new one---I'd suggest not ordering a re-conditioned one.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell me how to test that please
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

You just plug the pump in like normal. Then you shove the probes from your meter into the back of the plug holes so you can test power between the 2 wires while it's plugged into the pump. You should have 110 volts when the pump should be running between the 2 wires or else the control board is bad.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I tested right I got 124V
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

OK perfect, than you have the correct power which means that either your drain hose is clogged or the drain pump is just faulty so make sure the drain hose isn't clogged (which it doesn't sound like since you can lower the hose and it drains out) and return the pump and get a new one because it came faulty.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Should I be able to feel forceful air coming from pump when drain hose is not connected? There isn't even enough air to open the flappy thing
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

No, you definitely will not. It can only push out water, not air.