Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a GE refrigerator Model GSS25LSWA-SS with an ice

Customer Question

I have a GE refrigerator Model GSS25LSWA-SS with an ice maker.
The ice maker is stuck on crush ice even with the selector button showing ice cubes.
I have cleaned the ice machine. Does this mean I need a new electronics board?
If I unplug it, will it reset?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So this is not a control board issue. There is a metal bar that runs along the bottom of the ice bucket bin. This goes into a solenoid stirrup that pulls up on the rod to make the bin drop cubed ice. make sure the stirrup isn't sitting OVER the rod because then it can't pull the rod up. If this is the case, then re-install the ice bin corectly. If not then you need to replace the solenoid that raises the stirrup behind the back panel in the freezer. Below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for ice solenoid

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.