Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a GE profile oven and suddenly started getting an F27

Customer Question

I have a GE profile oven and suddenly started getting an F27 error code. The top seems to work, but the oven does not.
What do I need to do.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So this error means that the touch control panel has failed. Try to unplug the oven for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset. If that doesn't work, then unfortunately the touch control panel would need to be replaced to fix this oven and the part alone is almost $1000 so it may not be worth fixing I'm sorry to say. The part number you'd need is WB27K10055 for your model number.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.