Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Thermador gas range surface burners are burning with orange

Customer Question

Thermador gas range surface burners are burning with orange flame
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Did this just start happening and is it all of them?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just found a YouTube video that shows blue gas burner flames turning orange when a humidifier that has Silver cleaning technology is used. I just bought such a humidifier, and have been using it. Apparently, there is silver residue in the air, which burns with a gold flame. When the humidifier is off for a while, the flames return to blue. This may be exactly what is happening.

Yes I was going to say if you are getting this on all the burners it is fumes in the air from painting staining or an fume causing it...that happens as it is burning the fumes in the air.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks