Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My oven light is stuck on.... What should I try to fix?

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Either your light switch assembly has failed or the relay on the control board welded shut. Most of the time the light switch itself is the culprit and the switch either gets loose so the rod doesn't trigger it when you push the light switch rod back like the door is closing. Unfortunately you'll need to remove the entire top panel to access this light switch and see if you can just tighten down the screws to the light switch assembly or replace the entire light switch assembly. Below is a link to the part you'd looking for.

CLICK HERE for light switch assembly

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.