Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a double wall oven. Top oven has 'locked' itself a

Customer Question

I have a double wall oven. Top oven has 'locked' itself a couple of times.
Have had to run clean cycle to get it to unlock. During cycle I get a beeping signal that requires pushing red cancel button...any ideas
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like one of the switches on your door latch is beginning to fail and is being affected by the heat from the oven. This will cause the switch to trigger when it's going bad and then the oven will either think the door is locked or will lock the door and won't correct itself until you run self clean or let the oven cool down. Either way, the door latch itself would need to be replaced when one of the switches on the latch is beginning to fail.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.