Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a samsung refridgerator rfg298aars. All the lights

Customer Question

I have a samsung refridgerator rfg298aars. All the lights went out inside and on the display panel except for two tiny lights on the water/ice dispenser. There is a loud noise coming from the panel area. I removed the ice maker but the unit is still making the noise and water is shooting out of the water dispenser.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

This is just a filed main control board I'm afraid. Nothing else would cut out the lights inside and cause the display to act up. The part number you'd need to order is DA41-00620B and it's either on the back of your refrigerator behind an access panel, or on the top of your refrigerator under a cover panel. Below is a link to the part and it's about $165. In the mean time, you can try to unplug the refrigerator for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset. If not, then you'll want to leave it unplugged so nothing else shorts out.

CLICK HERE for control board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
actually the lights are still on inside. does that make difference and what about the noise?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

You said "All the lights went out inside and on the display panel except for two tiny lights on the water/ice dispense". So are you saying that what you originally stated is incorrect? If so and the interior lights are on, then you likely still have the same bad board, but your dispenser board could be faulty too. Either board going bad can cause the noise.