John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

We have had our Thermax a few years, but have never had a

Customer Question

We have had our Thermax for quite a few years, but have never had a problem with it ofther than a canister replacement..I hadn't used it for some time since I moved, as I have another smaller vaccume. But lately I have felt my run needs a good cleaning. So I got it out and started it up this evening, the motor works great but the vaccume isn't..What would cause this?
Thanks,
I really would like to steam clean it before the Holidays.
Kathy S.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

If the hose is disconnected does anything suck out of the base unit?