Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a miele novotronic t 1926 stackable washer dryer. It

Customer Question

I have a miele novotronic t 1926 stackable washer dryer. It is now leaking out the front. What can cause this? After the cycle finishes there is a lot of water still in rubber rim around the door. If I take a towel and remove all the water in the rim and run a load it does not appear to leak? It it kind of a pain to do this before every wash.... Please advise. Is it better to use high efficiency detergent in this machne. I used a detergent with softner and there appreared to be excess suds so I have gone back to high efficiency.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

The rubber boot drain may be plugged up on the unit, peel back the boot and make sure the drain holes in the boot are not plugged up. Then you should use HE detergent and I would stay away from liquid fabric softener. You may need to replace the boot, but first run the unit with about a 3/4 gallon of vinegar in it to clear it all out, just pour it in the unit and start it on a HOT water cycle. Make sure the door is very clean all around the bottom edge very well so that is not causing a seal issue. Then switch back to the HE detergent and give it a try.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks