Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Maytag Atlantis washer. I noticed it is leaking a

Customer Question

I have a Maytag Atlantis washer. I noticed it is leaking a fairly small amount of water from the front right side. I was able to look inside the shell and it is completely dry. I tipped the washer backwards just a little bit, and I can see that the water is very limited to only the front right side, it seems to be coming from a round metal disc attached to the undersurface of the outer shell. I see a black hose on the inside, but again, there is NO water leak evident inside the machine, the water is only underneath, right under this metal disc. What is this metal disc and is this something I can fix myself?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Can you get me the complete model number?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
MAV 8551AWW is the model #

Ok great can you pop the top with a putty knife and then remove the 2 ...5/16 " screws on the top edge of the front panel. Lift that off and run it like that and see where it is leaking from?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As I wrote in my question I already did that. There is NO water inside. It is completely dry to touch. So I tilted the washer backwards just an inch and I could see that the water is coming from what looks like a metal disc in the underside of the washer, at the front right side. But the INSIDE is dry from what I can see

Sorry about that I guess I read it wrong..but that is just a bad pump seal they go bad and will start to weep out the weep hole on the pump. Replace this part and you will be good to go.

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks