John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a GE GTS22KCP, approximately 9 years old. its cooling

Customer Question

I have a GE GTS22KCP, approximately 9 years old. its cooling capacity in the refigerator section is greatly deminished. When it is running the exterior metal all the way around the freezer door at the front edge, (approximately 2 to 3 inches), is very hot to the touch. I am a capable handy man and electronics tech and have no problem dissembling and reassembling this thing, I would just like to know what I need to be focusing on, and where to begin.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.

the condenser coil area is either filthy or the condenser fan motor is not running- get back there and see which it is. Clean as needed or replace the motor if it's not running.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** motor was not running. I also went ahead and checked the evaporator coils, fan, and defrost. Everything is in working order except the condenser fan.
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.

Replace it just as I advised. You should get a small fan now and let it blow air over that coil as this is very bad for the compressor.

A rating is appreciated for giving you what you needed. thanks