Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My jenn aire refrigerator is 56 degrees. The model # is

Customer Question

My jenn aire refrigerator is 56 degrees. The model # ***** *****
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

IS the freezer normal?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Seems to be. Stuff still frozen

OK if you open the freezer drawer look at the very back wall towards the bottom slots do you see frost?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No .pulled bottom drawer out and ran my hand behind. No frost
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It feels like the doors aren't closing tight enough. There is nothing abstracting them inside

Can you see the silver fins through the back slots on the bottom of the rear panel in the freezer or does it just look like white there through the slots.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the drawer pulled out I see an oval white thing on the back wall with vertical slats

OK that is the vent look at the very bottom edge of the back panel there are air slots on the panel are they covered with white frost behind them? Or just take a picture of the back panel in the freezer and upload it here and I will look at it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It looks like gray

Are you looking inside the freezer? The back panel inside the freezer is WHITE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I took the photo but how do I send it to you?

Just upload it with the paperclip attachment on your page

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't find it and this is beyond my capabilities

OK I believe 99% you have a defrosting issue, I would advise you to defrost the unit entirely and then try it out..if all works fine get a tech out as it will all work for 3-5 days just fine.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks