John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I think maybe the door sensor is "gone" on my Maytag Brovos

Customer Question

I think maybe the door sensor is "gone" on my Maytag Brovos dryer--since my husband knelt on it to close a window. I put clothes in, shut the door, turned it on and it ran for a minute and DONE. Help
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

If you open the door you should find the complete model number on a tag on the frame, or on the top back edge of the console. NOw if you open the door see if the light turns on and off when pressing the switch.