Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Thu is re Kenmore stove model 665.75844-001 Set to self

Customer Question

Thu is re Kenmore stove model 665.75844-001 Set to self clean when finished the oven door stayed locked. Pressed to release lock several times will not open.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

E1 F5 means that the oven lock isn't operating properly. You'll need to order and replace the door latch to fix this issue if you want to self clean the oven. The latch motor assembly is mounted on the back of the oven and has a long rod that goes to the front to lock the door. You'll need to pull the oven forward and remove the back sheet metal panel in order to access the latch assembly to replace it. Below is a link to the part you'll need to order and replace for your model number.

CLICK HERE for latch assembly

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.