Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

I have a Hotpoint electric dryer less than 10 months old

Customer Question

I have a Hotpoint electric dryer less than 10 months old that stopped mid cycle. I have power from the. Plug in the wall to the dryer, power from the dryer in the other side of the fuse at the bottom outside near the plug point on the dryer. I get nothing when I hit the start button on any cycle configuration. Where should I check next?
Submitted: 1 year ago via ApplianceRepair.Net.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

If the unit is only 10 months old I recommend just calling for a in warranty service call you know it is not an electrical issue to the dryer. and if you open the unit up to even look inside you will void the warranty on the appliance.

Let me know what you plan on doing !

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot find the receipt of purchase, will that make a difference in warranty coverage or can they look in there system as to when it was sold?

No it will not warranty goe by the model and serial number ,the manufacture can see whom and when it was purchased.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Awesome. I will try that route first. What do you think it could be in case they don't warranty it?

That is hard to say on a new product it could be a failed part or some thing as simple as a loose wire.

But could be the timer ,door switch .one of the thermostats or the drive motor itself.

If they do not warranty ,let me know i will still help you ,but you will need a Volt -Ohm meter to be able to do any testing whether it is component testing or voltage testing

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have that. I'm a 24 hour diesel mechanic but my job doesn't consist of appliances lol. Thank you for your help. I'll be in touch.

No problem at all ,always glad to assist you anytime.

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time.

Old Navy engineman my self GM16-645 and GM-671

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where do I go to rate you my friend?

You should see a rating box ,if not I will send it again .

thank you!!