Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a bosch Nexxt 500 series washer. the intake and

Customer Question

I have a bosch Nexxt 500 series washer. the intake for bleach and softner continue to hold fluid after cycle is complete.
the bleach intake fills up after I have sucked the fluid out.
What do I do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning!

First, check to make sure that your dispenser is draining properly and it isn't clogged. Clean out the dispenser and softener compartment. Pour a cup of water into the softener compartment quickly until it starts to overflow. It should then siphon the water out and if so that means the unit is definitely clean.

If you run a cycle and you still have problems, you need to replace your cold water valve. This valve has 2 solenoids on it and 1 of them is for the detergent, the other is for softener and bleach. Replace the valve and you should be good to go again. The valve is the part that your cold water hose connects to on the back of your washer itself.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.