John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My kitchenAid ice maker is not working it was working fine I

Customer Question

My kitchenAid ice maker is not working it was working fine I installed new relays just wondering is there any reset codes good I need to put in I know I've done it for my dishwashers and washing machine just want to know if there's anything Else I can try before I replace the icemaker or Any suggestions what I should check
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If you open the door first, look at the red light to the right, is it flashing 2 times and then pausing over and over? If you shut the flap on the left side and make a clear path from right to left, does the light turn solid?

OK, now look inside the icemaker itself, is there any ice or water in the icemaker mold? There are white fingers that push the ice out of the icemaker mold, what direction are they facing? Are they above the horizon or below? Pointing forward or backwards?