Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a VIPR160 and I need to replace the exterior

Customer Question

Hi, I have a VIPR160 and I need to replace the exterior ventilator. The ventilator for the current downdraft is the VDVE900 but I'm not sure if that is compatible with the VIPR 160. Searching on eBay and elsewhere, some mention it will work with the VIPR 161 but they do not mention the 160? Thanks.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Some models I've found on eBay etc list the product as VEDV900 yet it looks like the same as the VDVE900? Are they the same and an I use a VEDV900?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now I see a VEV900. What is the naming convention for these products i.e. how to I tell if one will function the same as the other?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Or is there a ventilator brand other than Viking that would work?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! All literature I can find on the Viking technical website list the VEDV900 as the external ventilator required. There are no other listed but the 160 is not specifically listed, only the VIPR series, showing 101-500.