John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a bad lower back condition and my fridge lower door

Customer Question

Hi Larry!
I have a bad lower back condition and my fridge lower door pop out and fell last night when I open it.
The fridge is a ken more elite with French door, single lower fridge door.
I have been trying to get it in place without success. It has two lower hooks only one at each end.
Do I need to use a rubber band or tape to keep the lower part of each hook fixed up so that I can insert the assembly to the base?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
802kR01123 (sn)
795-78546800 (mn)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sears kenmore elite

ok this model with those cogged wheels on the rear of the basket are a real pain .

Here is a video on showing you how to reinstall the lower basket.

They are talking about another issue but it also shows you how to align those rollers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hNafcnrwMQ

let me know if you have any questions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Woody this is not my problem...The lower freezer door is completely detached from my refrigerator and I can't get the darn thing to hook up. It has two steel hooks at the lower end one per side. Each o these two hooks has a lower floating hook.Aim unable to attach the door to the fridge. What is the procedure for reattaching the entire freezer door back?

ok so you just trying to get the door on the slide rails?

Is it like this video ,door and rails system?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSiLmJQmzEY

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It couples to the refrigerator in the lower door section with two hooks but I am unable to re attach the door to latch in and stay.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No is not like the video. It couples to the ref on the lower part of the door.

ok look at the last video and see if it will help you 1:27 starts the dor removal and at 10:55 shows the door going back on.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The door pivots in the lower section with the option, once it's pulledc out to be inclined forward..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No woodyTe assembly has no screws...although the door layout is the same. when you detach the door you have the door end with two prongs in the lower part that you just insert back to the basket assembly that has two vertical female slots that you insert the door prongs.
In the part that the rails usually are you have a stop.This door pulls out the basket but when the basket Is extended you can pull-up the door slightly and pivot it towards you approx 20 Degrees

Can you send me a photo of this hook your talking about .

it looks as if the door just locks in the two lower clips and is held in place with friction.

This is what I have to look at.

http://c.searspartsdirect.com/lis_png/PLDM/K0810150-00005.png

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Woody I am not an expert in using thi I pad... I think I attached the photo please let me know if it doesn't shows!

ok the bottom arm or in the photo the right one looks as if it needs to be slids into a receiver bracket on the bottom of the door

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's what I have been trying to do but it doesn't stay in. I was wondering if the lower prong needs to be kept up with a tape or rubber band until I insert them to the receiver basket... This is my problem. The darn thing keeps popint out on me and doesn't stays in the basket groove. I think it won't latch until the small clip gets in the groove... I get the long one in but I am unable to get the small lower one in to latch
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are two of these assembly's in the door one at each lower side of the door

ok on the bottom arm it has two locking swivel locking the arm into position ,let try that lock the arm in place then slide the door on ,ope the door a bit more to be able to move the swivel lock lever out of the way.