Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I just bought the med9700 used. previous owner said it

Customer Question

i just bought the med9700 used. previous owner said it worked fine until the motor pulley broke. I purchased a new motor pulley and have installed it. control panel initially lights up but the knob to change cycles has no effect. pushing and holding the start button has no effect either. any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If turning the knob has no effect, your interface control board has failed. That is the only thing that would prevent you from changing the cycle cycle when you turn the knob. The cost of the part is almost $300 so I'm not sure how much you paid for it but this could get expensive really fast. The part number you'd need to order and replace is(###) ###-####and it's the board behind the front display where you push all the buttons.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there no other possibility whatsoever? Is it possible one of the cables is loose? Is it possible something else is causing the issue and making it seem as though it's the interface control board? Think of it this way - if I go spend $300 on a new one and that doesn't fix the problem - how am I gonn feel about the service you provided?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

There is no possibility of anything else no. Without a doubt that is nothing bad but the interface control board.