Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My name is ***** *****. My mother as a Kitchen Aid

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****. My mother as a Kitchen Aid dishwasher.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sorry about that. The model number is ***** The blue lite above the High Temp Scrub and the 4 hour delay buttons are lit but very dim. I cannot start the dishwasher.
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So the number you have listed is actually a part number, not the model. The model will start with a "K" for Kitchen Aid. The model is located on a sticker around the front frame of the tub and can be seen if you open the door. Either way, the problem is your control panel itself. This part has failed a lot and on most models it has been re-designed so it has a new part number. You can order the part at Searspartsdirect.com just make sure you get the correct color since all 3 colors for control panels with touchpad will be listed.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.