Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Kenmore Elite microwave model 721.86013010

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****-
I have a Kenmore Elite microwave model 721.86013010 with a F5 fault code. what does it mean? what part is bad?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Just that a F5 code and now is is now working at all
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes I am
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Good evening. So F5 is a faulty humidity sensor which is mounted over top of the microwave cavity. The entire microwave would need to be un-installed and the outer shell would need to be removed in order to access and replace this part. Below is a link to the humidity sensor you'd need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for humidity sensor.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you I will replace that
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

No problem and I'm glad I could help!