Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

WOD51EC0AS Double Oven making whining sound when the fan is

Customer Question

WOD51EC0AS Double Oven making whining sound when the fan is running. What is the problem and how do I fix it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

There are several fans on this oven so you first need to determine which fan is making the noise. If the noise is coming from inside one of the ovens and it stops when you open the oven door, then that is your convection fan motor. You can sometimes remove the back panel and bend the fan blade straight if it's gotten warped from the heat over time. Other than that, if your cooling fan is making the noise, that is located behind the entire oven. The entire double oven would need to be un-installed and the back sheet metal panel removed to expose the cooling fan motor so that you can replace it.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.