Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

After following trouble shooting instructions to

Customer Question

After following trouble shooting instructions to re-calibrate the oven temperature for the GE Model JGBP 33 BEH gas range, we find that the oven temperature starts dropping after about 45 minutes to 1 hour of baking time. In an effort to try again, we turned everything off and tried the re-calibation again, only to have everything freeze up. Cannot clear the electronic oven controls, nor turn off the oven light.
Is there a re-set button. Might problem be in the electronic board. Is it repairable?
At about what cost?
Thank you. BB
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

More than likely the control is bad and the cause of the temperature not maintaining temperature. The control is pretty cheap around 70 dollars, do you have the last digits of the model number though to get you the right one?