Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We have the kitchen aid ice maker KUIS18NNXB2. all the

Customer Question

Customer: we have the kitchen aid ice maker KUIS18NNXB2. all the lights went out and quit working. it won't power on now.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The lights on the control panel went out is what i meant. it won't turn on. we checked the circuit breaker and checked outlet its plugged into. outlet is fine.
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes i am willing to wait
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: How much less will i pay>
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im waiting for a response
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If the icemaker is completely dead, you either have a bad control board transformer not powering the unit up, or you have a bad drain pump. The icemaker actually plugs into the drain pump below the unit in the back and then the drain pump plugs into the wall. The reason for this is that if the drain pump fails, it'll cut power to the icemaker so it doesn't flood your house. The way to determine which one of yours is bad is to pull the icemaker forward, unplug the ice machine from the drain pump and plug it directly into the wall. If the unit lights up and turns on---you need a new drain pump. If it still won't light up---you need a new transformer for your control board.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok. i pulled it out but it still doesn't light up. Does that mean i need a new transformer for my control board? How expensive is that?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

To be clear you pulled the unit out, unplugged the icemaker from the drain pump, and then plugged the icemaker directly into your outlet on your house correct? If so and it doesn't light up, below is a link to the transformer you'd need to order and replace located up in the ceiling of the icemaker. It's the transformer for both the control board and the cutting grid.

CLICK HERE for part