Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have purchased a brand new electric fireplace. The company

Customer Question

I have purchased a brand new electric fireplace. The company help line seems to always busy. My problem is that it runs well for 30 minutes then it shuts down completely and i have to unplug and let stand for 5 minutes. How can I stop this unwanted shutdown?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The shut down is likely a thermal protector opening. Is the fan running well with no noise and ample air flow?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The whole machine shuts down completely and to restart I have to unplug the fireplace,wait 5 minutes then start all over.
Charlie
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

If you just left it when it shut down, will it restart on its own or do you have to unplug it every time?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have isolated the fireplace to a sole circuit and it still shuts down after 9 minutes . It will not restart on its own and I have to leave it unplugged for 5 minutes to allow it to re-boot.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like the electronic control is at fault if it has to be reset with a power cycle.