John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Any idea how to get a part that is discontinued? What do you

Customer Question

Any idea how to get a part that is discontinued? What do you recommend to fix?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?
And the part number you are looking for?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Woody,This is Mike. I wrote this information in the description. But it doesn't seem to show here.Thermador - model # ***** oven.After using the oven and turning bake off the oven starts beeping. After a while it shows the code F24. I need to then flip the circuit off and back on a little while later and it will work again. The touch pane seems to be hot to the touch when the oven starts beeping and note that the fan stops immediately when I turn bake off. Should the fan continue for a while after turning bake off?I've read this means: F24 - Touch input key stuck. Elsewhere I've read that based on this code I should maybe replace the power relay board and touch pane. Is this what you'd recommend or could it be something else?The power relay board and touch pane are supposedly discontinued from what I've read online.Thoughts?

I do not work on Thermador I will opt out so some one else can look at it for you!

Expert:  JASON HERNANDEZ replied 1 year ago.

Hello

A great option for a control board that is no longer available it to send it in to get rebuilt. The website is http://www.corecentricsolutions.com/ I checked and they do work on Thermador. If not best bet is probably to find it online on ebay or online store.

- Jason

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jason, that's an interesting idea.Does the problem I mentioned and error code f24 make you think that the control board is most likely the source of the problem?

Yes I would try the interface control to be rebuilt or even try cleaning the ribbon connectors with circuit cleaner. Could just be some grease creating a connection, works sometimes with microwaves.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you know the part number that is the interface control on this model?

What color is it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The color of the part? I haven't taken the unit apart until I have a good idea what part I need to remove.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The oven color is stainless steel, if that matters
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
model # *****
Serial #81100002

Panel control 30" stainless steel (c301) Part #: 16-10-162-10 - Here ya go.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/thermador-wall-oven-parts/model-C301US/1085/0125300/U2500861/00004.html

Is the link I got it from , but you want to order the part that has the touch buttons on it, or just send it in to have it rebuilt.