Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP
If it's acting like there are coins inside, then you'll need to remove the inner basket to remove whatever debris or coins you find. Below are the steps to follow if you are mechanically able to tackle it:1. Unplug the power cord
2. Lift the top of the washer up, to do this there are 2 latches in the seams between the top and the bottom sections. These latches are about 6 1/2 inches from the right side and left side of the washer. You need to insert a small screwdriver (be careful not to scratch the paint) and push the latch while lifting the top section.
3. The top will actually fold back leaving the inner tube fully exposed. Support the glass lid so it doesn’t get damaged because it is very heavy and will fall open when you flip the top back.
4. Remove the plastic top of the tub. There is one hose connected at the back and there are several snaps around the outer edge that hold it on. Remove the hose and unsnap the snaps and set it aside.
5. Remove the cap covering the very center of the agitator. It is just snapped in place and can be pried off with a small screwdriver.
6. Remove the center screw under the cap.
7. Remove the agitator, you need to lift it evenly and might have to work your way around by pulling on one of the three fins and then the next and so on. I also had luck using a small pair of needle nose pliers and grabbing a small lip inside the area where the screw was and pulling from there.
8. Remove the 6 Phillips screws in the middle holding the plastic top gear in place. Be very careful you don’t drop one of the screws because it can fall through the slots in the basket and be lost below.
9. Remove the plastic top gear.
10. Pull the plastic lower gear off of the splined shaft. It should pull right off.
11. Now you need to pull the basket up and off of the shaft. This is where you might have problems because the basket might be corroded to the shaft. If you can grab the basket on both sides under the outer lip and pull upward it might pull up. If not, then you will have to figure out a way to get it off.
12. Once the basket is off you will notice there is liquid inside of it. That is factory sealed in there so do not worry about that, it is normal.
We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Unfortunately I can't control what fails or your abilities. There are many who do DIY projects that this would not be difficult for but now you know what is entailed so if this is not something you can do yourself you'd want to call a technician out of course.
Most likely the coins are in your pump there's a simpler way. Unplug the washer , tip it foward on something and remove the tub to drain pump hose (its pretty small hose) and just pull the coins out of your drain pump.
Yea you have to have a bit of hands on to fix it. Sorry good luck
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The video below will show you exactly how to access the pump for cleaning and inspection.
Okay, I thought a video would be helpful, thank you for the nice response.