Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Big time Greece buildup in oven causing smoke alarm to go

Customer Question

Big time Greece buildup in oven causing smoke alarm to go off. Afraid to do automatic clean. How to get the buildup off? Is this dangerous? Please advise it's a GE about ten years old
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

if you have a lot of grease build up, you need to manually clean the oven out BEFORE you you run self clean. It'll still be smokey, but it won't catch on fire. There is a product called EASY OFF FOR SELF CLEANING OVENS that you'll want to use to clean out the oven. Then you can start the self cleaning issue.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.