Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a LG front loader washer machine the tub light stays

Customer Question

I have a LG front loader washer machine
the tub light stays on and the washer will not start. I changed the door switch already
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Do all the cycle selections work and does the door lock?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the washer will not start. The inside light stays on and I already changed the switch assembly
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I unplug the washer and it works fine. after a single wash the light stays on and the washer will not turn on.

Ok that is a main board issue it is not resetting after the cycle is complete. That does happen on that unit and you need the a new main control board to repair that issue.

CLICK HERE TO ORDER

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do I change the main board on the front loader ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what is the part number for the main board?

The top comes off and the board is mounted right to the wall. This will give you an idea

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what does the main board look like and where is it located once I remove the top of the washer ? is it on the left top of the washer or the right top ? ect.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, what steps do I take to remove the top of the washer ??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am still here

Did you get that video