John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My washing machine won't start. I t the start button and

Customer Question

My washing machine won't start. I hit the start button and once in a while I hear the door lock and it will start, but usually it doesn't start and the door doesn't lock. Then when I hit start again, it says "Pause not Possible". I'm guessing it's either the door lock actuator or control panel, but not sure how to narrow down.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.

There is no way to know which is the issue. The lock is far cheaper, so I would try that first and if no luck then you will need a new board. Repairclinic.com allows part returns, so you may simply want to buy both and return the unneeded one to avoid delays in getting this fixed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm no better off now than I was before I posted my question. I will not be paying for this response.