John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

We have a GE Profile dishwasher. My wife went in to start

Customer Question

Good afternoon,
We have a GE Profile dishwasher. My wife went in to start the dishwasher and she noticed that the time said 99 instead of the normal 61 or 62 minutes. She shut the door and it started. We then became concerned and tried to hit the reset button. The dishwasher shut off. It now shows 1h for the time and will not let us start the dishwasher. Is there someway to reset the sysytem or what would you suggest ??
Thanks,
Stan Jones
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

You likely have it on a delay start, if you can not take it out of delay just shut the circuit breaker off to the unit for 1 full minute and turn it back on that will clear everything.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks