John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My wall oven (Kitchenaid model KEBS109BSS00) thermal fuse

Customer Question

my wall oven (Kitchenaid model KEBS109BSS00) thermal fuse for user interface blows regularly 3times I just changed it yesterday in the process the user interface sliped out of my hands and the 11prong flat plug connecting the controlpanel transformr to the user interface riped out of the plug. There are 7 colorcoded wires coming from the transformr connecting the user interface. In figured out in which slots out of those 11 possibilities the wires go but do not know which color goes where! There is nothing in the wireing diagram that gives me the answer and i do not want to make things worse.Can you help? Even a color picture of the controlpanel transformr with that plug would help thanks Hans
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

I have looked every where for a wire diagram with color codes wires on the 11 pin connector on the P1 connector.

Here is what I can tell you the wires seem to go from left to right from the transformer to the connector P1

I found a picture of the plug but in the picture that plug is laying on it`s side so the colors can not be seen

and the wire diagram all it really tells me is that the terminal from left to right starting with #1 4,5,6 are open (no wires and #9 is open also .

Here is the image I get to see from the manufacture.

I do not know if that will help you out at all.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Woody,
thanks for your help. I have that same wire diagram from Kitchenaid and i figured out the terminals as well but I still don't know which wire goes in which slot so until i can get that info i am screwed and i don't want to guess and do more damage . I was thinking if i could get to see a control Panel transformr that would help but this part is special order from the factory.....do ypu have any better ideas sincerely Hans

I too thought that and did find a photo of one but it was not much help I will send it to you.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/b121p13/Kitchenaid-Range-Stove-Oven-Transformer/W10354052/2683581?modelNumber=KEBS109BSS00&ss=a13b121d1137242&mr=1

I even blew the photo up .