Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Gaggenau RF463 freezer with Ice maker that won't

Customer Question

I have a Gaggenau RF463 freezer with Ice maker that won't work. Ran a test with the software that the unit has and everything worked (ice tray fillled up, it turned around, etc), but will not make ice in normal conditions (I think it must be a sensor that is not working and telling the unit that the ice tray is empty (ro refill and then to drop the ice in the bucket). Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The ice maker works on temperature. When the mold sensor reaches correct temperature, it sends a signal to the control to initiate a harvest. Can you verify the things in the picture attached, please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not quite sure what exactly you want me to check. I put in a new water filter, water comes out of the dispenser and into the ice tray (when running the test program). Where is the mold sensor?Thanks
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The sensor is mounted directly on the ice maker mold where it can monitor the temperature of the ice in the mold. When it reaches 15* F, it will signal the control to energize the motor and initiate a harvest. If the freezer is cold, the ice maker is probably faulty since it is filling.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I have to replace the whole ice maker mechanism?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Yes, it is sold only as an assembly, see the page below.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE