John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a Panasonic over the range Microwave. Model: NN-H275.

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic over the range Microwave . Model : NN-H275. Up until yesterday it worked fine. Now, Once you set the controls and push start it comes on for about two seconds and the promptly shuts off. I unplugged it and plugged it in again and I tried all other settings but nothing seem to work. What could be wrong?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

If it shuts down right away you likely have an inverter board failure. The unit will try to start but if there is a failure or something shorted on the inverter board inside the unit that will happen. The cost to fix this is typically more than a new microwave so that is up to you to fix or not

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks