Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have microwave hood combo. the cooktop lights burned out.

Customer Question

i have microwave hood combo. the cooktop lights burned out . replaced bulbs and lights do not work. whats wrong.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

The lights get power directly from the display control board itself. If you replaced the bulbs and the cooktop lights still don't turn on, the entire display board must be replaced because the relay on the board is not sending power to the bulbs I'm sorry to say. The part number for the board is 6871W1S128C.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank -you. I know why we are a throw away society
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Not a problem but I'm very sorry about the bad news today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know.