Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My ge electric oven element heats but the temp on control

Customer Question

My ge electric oven element heats but the temp on control panel staye at 100. Don't think it is the control board
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

To start, the temperature sensor would never cause this problem. If the element has been replaced and the limit switch has been replaced, either the oven isn't getting 220 volts, or the control board is bad regardless of what you think. You need to test power getting to the oven and make sure you're getting 220 volts, not just 110 volts. If so, then replace the control board because it has failed.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.