Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a whirlpool leq8611pw2 dryer. It does not seem to be

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool leq8611pw2 dryer. It does not seem to be drying. The drum will turn like it is working properly but it does not adequately dry the clothes.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So first, you want to run a cycle with the vent disconnect to make sure you don't have a clogged vent through your house causing the issue. If it still don't dry, you need to determine if it's heating or not. If it is heating, replace the cycling thermostat because it's not cycling the heat properly. If it is not heating, something has failed and you'll need a multimeter to test continuity through the heater as well as the 2 devices attached to the left side of the heater canister. If either of these three parts have no continuity, then you need to replace the part with no continuity.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.