Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have Maytag washer model LAT9806AAE and it quit mid cycle

Customer Question

I have Maytag washer model LAT9806AAE and it quit mid cycle when it was filling with water. The machine is getting power but it just seems dead. Any suggestions on what the problem might be?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If the washer is completely dead, open the lid and straighten the tub. Then open and close the lid fully 3 times. Try to start the washer. If it was out of balance that will reset the out of balance switch. If that doesn't work, the switch assembly which has the out of balance switch, the lid switch, and the fuse all in one under the control panel directly in the middle has failed and needs to be replaced. Below is a link to the switch you'll need to order for your model if you're certain it's getting good power from your house.

CLICK HERE for switch assembly

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.