MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

I have a model# EW28BS70IS1 Electrolux fridge The Ice maker

Customer Question

I have a model# ***** Electrolux fridge
The Ice maker is not making ice
How do I diagnose what is wrong
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Probably the best thing to do is determine if the icemaker isn't cycling and calling for water, or if water isn't actually making it to the refrigerator. First, make sure the freezer is below 10 degrees because the icemaker will not cycle if the temperature in the freezer is over 10 degrees. Next, fill up the icemaker with a cup of water and wait 24 hours to see if it cycles and dumps the ice. If it doesn't cycle, replace the icemaker because it's just bad. If it cycles but doesn't fill up with water, check the fill tube behind the icemaker and if it's frozen solid, use a hair dryer and thaw it out. You can also make sure it's not frozen by disconnect the water line coming from the icemaker and going to the valve at the valve. Blow through the water line to make sure it's clear. If it's not frozen, you'll need to replace the electronic water valve on the back of the refrigerator where your water supply line from your house connects to your refrigerator itself. Please remember to rate my service before you leave.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a way to comand it to cycle by pushing buttons? Like a test cycle?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.

I am making you an offer for the call. This icemaker on this is complex and very tedious to work on. You will need to be very well skilled mechanically to tackle it as I can only tell you what to do. My offer takes into account the time that this may take to resolve.