Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My ice machine #2217402 has stopped working. The "clean"

Customer Question

My ice machine #2217402 has stopped working. The "clean" light is on continuously. Have run it through a cleaning cycle. When push "on", it starts normally and begins to make ice. The "clean" light comes on when the cubes are almost finished cutting. Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

The clean light turns on if it thinks the ice slab is sticking or in other words one of the thermistor sensors isn't working properly. There is a sensor mounted to the bottom of the chill plate that determines this. Make sure when you run the icemaker through a clean cycle you use the nickel save icemaker cleaner or it doesn't clean anything by just running a clean cycle with no solution. Other than that, replace the thermistor sensor below the chill plate.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.