Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Kitchen Aid dishwasher. At first nothing happened

Customer Question

I have a Kitchen Aid dishwasher. At first nothing happened when powered on. Now no lights but it sounds like the motor or drain motor is turning on and nothing else. Can't stop it.
Submitted: 1 year ago via ApplianceRepair.Net.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a model number so I can better assist you and see what might cause this condition? The model number is ***** on a sticker around the front frame of the tub and can be seen if you open the door.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
KUDC10iXWH3
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Perfect, thank you for getting back with me. If you're certain that there is power getting to the dishwasher, remove the kick panel below the dishwasher and look for the 3" x 3" sheet metal box with the wire connections in it. Turn the circuit breaker off to the dishwasher or unplug the dishwasher before servicing. Remove the cover plate and look at the wire connections to see if any of the wires in the junctions box have shorted out. If they have been shorted or melted, you'll need to cut them back and re-wire them. If you find nothing at all wrong with the connections, then your fuse or control board is just shorted for one reason or another and the fuse or control board inside the door will need to be ordered and replaced. You can't test the control board but you can test the fuse. Below is a link to a video that will show you how to take the door apart to test the fuse and replace whatever part is faulty. Once the fuse is removed, just check continuity if you have a multimeter to determine if the fuse is bad or not. If the fuse doesn't have continuity then replace it. If you don't have a multimeter, then just order and replace the fuse as it will be cheaper than buying a multimeter and it will give you the same answer.

CLICK HERE for video

Below is a link to the fuse if you need to order it since that's the most likely culprit and it looks completely different than the one in the video, but it's still in the same location clipped onto the board.

CLICK HERE for fuse

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.