Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

We have a GE side by side model tpx24bpdabb. Both the frig

Customer Question

We have a GE side by side model tpx24bpdabb. Both the frig and freezer are running but the temperature has dropped drastically. My husband has vacuumed the coils to clean, but he removed the fan from the back and cannot get it back in.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

He removed the fan from the back of where?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
From the back of the refrigerator. Did you see my entire post?

I did not see all of it. Without that fan in place the condenser can not be cooled hindering the heat exchange. If he can not remount it then get a fan to blow on the compressor and condenser until he can get it mounted in place. It just mounts on the three brackets once he gets it started just line it up in the middle and tighten the screws down all the way.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just wasted five dollars. At this point the frig is empty and unplugged. We are not worried about the condenser right now. We just want help in reinstalling the fan so that we can see if cleaning the coils helps the frig to function properly. If you cannot give clear instructions on how to reinstall the fan for this model, then I would not consider you a expert

I am not sure how clear I can be about installing a 3 screw fan, there are 3 screws holding it on so if he took it off and can not get that back together, there is nothing I am going to be able to help you with. Get a tech out to the house since you can not do this I would not attempt anything else.