Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Fridge is making a pulsating sound ... happens infrequently

Customer Question

Fridge is making a pulsating sound ... happens infrequently maybe twice a day...and we seem to be getting frost in the freezer as well
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

If you open the freezer door do you hear the fan pulsing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can see the fan pulsing when this is happening. Also see he light in the dispenser blink so my guess is it's electrical in nature. Everything in the freezer is cold/frozen if anything a little frost is developing. This happens infrequently right now maybe a couple times a day.

This is either a bad main board, often the resistors for the fan circuit on the board start to go bad and cause that issue. You should pull the unit out and remove the back cover over the board and inspect it look for discoloration on the resistor. Here is a good link to show you

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks