Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My dishwasher works correctly, but there is almost a dirty

Customer Question

my dishwasher works correctly, but there is almost a dirty film inside the dishwasher. It's even in the silverware baskets. It drains correctly, but I don't know where to begin. It's gross looking.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Every few months, these dishwashers needs to be cleaned. You can try to run a cycle with a cup of white vinegar in the top rack with no dishes inside and the cup will overflow as the cycle goes on and cleans the dishwasher. That is the home remedy and it tends to work if you've kept up on cleaning the dishwasher, but since this has likely not been done and dishwasher cleaner didn't work, you'll want to get the only product that I know works. The product is called Dishwasher Magic which you can order online or you can pick it up at Lowes. This product really works well and none of these others really give any noticeable results from what I've found.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll try that tomorrow!
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

ok good luck.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll keep you posted!
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

ok